Jobs at APAC
Part-Time Announcements Editor for Ayer Public Access Corporation
Ayer Public Access Channel (APAC) seeks an Ayer resident to seek and coordinate community announcements for the Ayer public access channel bulletin board and web page. The ideal applicant will reside in Ayer and can work from home, posting and updating Power Point slides and other content for Comcast Channel 99. The position requires basic layout skills, basic grammar skills, and a nose for community news. The announcements editor may also update announcements on at least one page of the APAC website.
The position generally requires approximately five hours per week, depending on the season. Duties include:
- Receive announcements from community organizations and individuals, composing the announcements in Power Point, using accurate spelling and grammar, and adding graphics and headlines for maximum visual appeal.
- Edit information to succinct essential information.
- Add graphic material if appropriate.
- Use PowerPoint software to create slides if not already composed by submitting individuals.
- Recognize individual and organizational news that is appropriate for the community bulletin board.
- Work with the Town of Ayer face book and web page manager.
- Post items, such as election results and other newsworthy events on the APAC website.
- Be personable, flexible, and diplomatic when interacting with the public.
- Use simple software to post PowerPoint slides and other files to www.ayerpac.org, the APAC website.
- Periodically check APAC channel 99 to ensure messages are being posted correctly.
- Must have computer access to an internet connection.
Public Access Television coordinator (Part Time)
Ayer Public Access Corporation www.ayerpac.org seeks a person with video editing and videography experience to manage its program for residents and other volunteers seeking to create local television programs. An ability to work with the public, and an understanding of videography and video editing are essential, as are presentation and organizational skills. Resident of Ayer preferred. Salary or wage will be commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
-- Serve as liaison and support person for any Ayer residents, employees, or Town-affiliated parties who wish to create local video content for the APAC channels.
-- Develop in-depth understanding of the community, its people, institutions and businesses, in terms of cultural influences, demographics, and public affairs. (Ideally a resident of Ayer.)
-- Develop understanding of APAC capabilities, equipment, and facilities.
-- Develop guides and instructional handouts and other materials to increase awareness of APAC and the resources it offers the community.
-- Promote the idea of citizen-initiated public access programming.
-- Loan equipment and track its use and ultimate return to APAC.
-- Create and teach classes in videography and editing
Skills and capabilities
-- Write and communicate effectively.
-- Presentation skills
-- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience in videography and video editing
-- Instructional skills
-- Thinking creatively and counseling creative approaches to clients.
-- Ability to adjust APAC's public access program to the needs of the community and APAC over time.